Re: MGB large brake pads

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB large brake pads
From: eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:51:03 +1030
"Paul M." wrote:

> My car gets mostly street use, but I take it to the
> track about five or six times a year.  Ideally, I'd
> love a pad that works on the street and also can hold
> up to use at drivers schools and "Friday At The Track"
> kind of use.  Not all-out racing, but just track days,
> you know?

After five or so years I am sticking with my Bendix Metal King Plus pads
that take me from road to track.  Extremely hard wearing (high metal
content) pads that will go all day at the track and confortably take me
home at the end of the day.  The only drawback - and there are
compromises at each end of the scale - is that they work best once
"warm" so you notice a alck (not dramatic) of braking power  when you
first take off in the morning.  Once you are aware of it, it soon
becomes "normal" to you.

I have been tempted to try the Greenstuff pads but while I am happy with
my Metal Kings I can't see the need to change just now.

Maybe because they are a little "tougher" they seem to survive my
"cheesegrater" cross-drilled/grooved disc rotors quite well.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia