52 TD Engine #14139

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 52 TD Engine #14139
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:04:17 -0400
Finally decided to put one of those new spin-on oil filter adapters on the
52 TD, since I don't have any more of the cartridges that go inside the
canister, must have run out this year, and could have sworn there were more
in the garage.

Anyway, checked with Moss Motors and the catalogue states that they are
available for engine # 14224 and up.  My engine number is 14139.  What is
the difference between my engine and the ones that start at 14224?  Can
someone explain why the kit won't work?  I called Moss and they were pretty
short and snippy.

Thanks!

Mike R