RE: MGF's in the USA

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGF's in the USA
From: "Irwin, Ryan J STG3" <irwinrj@ddg95.navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:05:27 -0400
<<Speaking of which, that might be a good engine swap for a
B. Compact and tons of power. Orientation change required
of course.>>

Well now you've got me thinking and I remembered, when I was part of the
focus group for the new NISMO (Nissan Motorsports) badged Frontier
pickup, they proposed two options:

1) a 3.5L V6 (VG35DE from the 350Z, Maxima, Altima SE...) rather than
the 3.3L V6 the standard Frontiers have.

2) a 2.5L 4-cyl (QR25DE from the Sentra SE-R, Altima S) rather than the
current 2.4L (KA24DE from the base Frontier, older Altimas, 240SX,
etc...)

I asked "Would this mean a QR25DE would be avaliable in a rear-wheel
drive platform?" and after a moment of thinking they said that it would
have to be.  The QR25DE avaliable in the Sentra SE-R Spec-V puts out
196hp stock and given OEM avaliability in an RWD platform....  It might
just fit in a B....  If you're into that kinda thing.

Ryan Irwin
'72 B
'99 Miata