Re: Filling Gearbox

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: Filling Gearbox
From: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:32:02 -0500
The convention wisdom on that Rover (Triumph TR7/8) 5 speed is to use
ATF. It has a pump at the back with a Bic pen sized tube that the fuild
needs to go through.

This is also the reason you can't flat tow a TR7/8 w/out removing the
drive shaft. I did that and turned a slightly broken transmission into
a box of metal junk.

My experience is the MGB 4-speed is considerably stronger transmission
than that 5-speed. I've never had trouble with the 20W-50 I put in it.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root
   /    _ \     1977 MGB