[Top] [All Lists]

RE: Rear End/Axle

To: "Randy Widman" <>, <>
Subject: RE: Rear End/Axle
From: "Councill, David" <>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:51:36 -0600
Yes, there is likely a special tool but you can make one for cheap. What
I did was buy a large but short bolt of low grade (I think it was 5/8").
Then I used a hacksaw to square it to the right dimensions to fit in the
drain plug. I think the bolt cost about $1 and then maybe 15 minutes
with a hacksaw and file was all it took to make the tool.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B
-----Original Message-----
From: [] On
Behalf Of Randy Widman
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 7:30 AM
Subject: Rear End/Axle

Hi Listers,

I know this is probably a stupid question but is there a special tool
to drain/fill the rear end? It looks like a square recessed hole that a
drive ratchet would fit into but my drain/fill plug seems to be tapered
the 1/2" drive only goes in a little bit and then will slip?

TIA and thanks for all the other help I've gotten from the list the last
weeks. I'm very close to getting my '79 B back on the road after buying
it 3
years ago.

Have a Great Holiday Weekend and Happy Motoring !!!!

Randy Widman
'79 Red B

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>