[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Rear End/Axle

To: Randy Widman <>,
Subject: Re: Rear End/Axle
From: Hans Duinhoven <>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:11:49 +0200
On my '71 BGT the socket wrench arm (is this the right word?) just fits into 
the hole of the the drain/fill plugs.



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Randy Widman" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 3:30 PM
Subject: Rear End/Axle

> Hi Listers,
> I know this is probably a stupid question but is there a special tool 
> needed
> to drain/fill the rear end? It looks like a square recessed hole that a 
> 1/2"
> drive ratchet would fit into but my drain/fill plug seems to be tapered 
> and
> the 1/2" drive only goes in a little bit and then will slip?
> TIA and thanks for all the other help I've gotten from the list the last 
> few
> weeks. I'm very close to getting my '79 B back on the road after buying it 
> 3
> years ago.
> Have a Great Holiday Weekend and Happy Motoring !!!!
> Randy Widman
> '79 Red B

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>