oil consumption

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: oil consumption
From: mblock3594@aol.com
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:24:13 -0400
I rebuilt the motor on my 73 B last fall. Put about 2000 miles on the rebuilt
motor and have noticed concerning oil consumption. the motor was entirely
rebuilt with new rings, valves, bearing, gaskets seals ect. The block was
boared and all set up professionally. I have noticed increased oil consumption,
but no blue smoke or any kind of gasket leaking under the car.  The car is
clean and oil free underneath. some one suggested that possibly the rings take
time to seat which causes extra oil consumption. I am running over 60psi on the
oil pressure gague, but at idle the pressure fall to 20psi. occasionally the
gague bounces up and down like a flutter.

mark