Re: Intake openings

To: miket@maine.rr.com
Subject: Re: Intake openings
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:17:32 -0400
Mike,
  It's probably the 1/4" one with the rubber cap.  Run a length of vacuum
hose from it to the vac advance on the distributor and see if your fuel
mileage doesn't improve significantly.
  It is possible that the car runs well without the vac advance.  MG
didn't use vac advance for years--at least through TFs.  The car can run
well w/o it, but will run even better with it.
Bob