RE: exhaust manifold + emissions compliance

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: exhaust manifold + emissions compliance
From: "Scott Bonacker" <lister@bonackers.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:47:19 -0600
I found a Missouri website on statewide standards, at least for now:

"Vehicle Model Year Exemptions: Vehicles 26 years and older are exempted
from the emissions testing requirement. In 2005, the program will test most
odd year vehicles 1981 and newer, as well as vehicles undergoing a title
change model years 1980 and newer."

http://www.gatewaycleanair.com/

There is no guarantee this won't change in the future, and doesn't mean that
my car could be sold into a more restrictive state. And some metropolitan
areas may have tighter standards than the state.

Scott Bonacker
'77RBB

[PS shortly afterwards - actually, this _is_ the more restrictive
metropolitan standard. Only a few counties in the Missouri currently have a
testing requirement.]