Re: Fuel Pump Problem

To: DMatt21502@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Problem
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:57:47 -0700 (PDT)
--- DMatt21502@aol.com wrote:

> I have a 1977 MGB and installed a new fuel pump. At least it was new
> five
> years ago but has been sitting on the shelf waiting for me to finish the
>  car!
> The car will run fine for about 10 minutes and then the pump quits.
> After an
> hour or so the car will start again and run for another 10 minutes. It
> is a
> solid state unit and I am told i can't mess with it or it will get out
> of
> adjustment and never work right.

Not sure HOW you would mess with it! I have read that with some of these
pumps you need to actually reduce the pressure they use to pump the gas,
as the carbs need lower pressure than they provide. Personally, I would
replace it with an SU pump - you always know when they are working by the
sound....

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328