Re: Fuel Pump Problem

To: DMatt21502@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Problem
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:15:00 -0700
I had a Moprod fuel pump which sat for at least 8 years patiently
waiting to be installed.  When I got my MGB GT V8 on the road it had
the problem you described.  However, I knew I had under-bonnet heat
problems and I put the splutter-splutter-stop down to this but my
shop chap measured the pump to 1-2lbs.  This he said was the problem
- pump rotted by non-use!  I had the exhaust ceramic coated to stop
heat which he installed together with new Moprod pump (registered
2-5lbs).  Problem fixed - but which was the real solution - only the
Shadow knows!!

At 06:51 AM 9/27/2005, DMatt21502@aol.com wrote:
>I have a 1977 MGB and installed a new fuel pump. At least it was new five
>years ago but has been sitting on the shelf waiting for me to finish
>the  car!
>The car will run fine for about 10 minutes and then the pump quits.  After an
>hour or so the car will start again and run for another 10 minutes. It  is a
>solid state unit and I am told i can't mess with it or it will get out of
>adjustment and never work right. So what's the downside -- it
>doesn't work right
>now? There is no question about it being anything other than the pump as all
>electrical output to the pump is OK. Any ideas or suggestions.    Thanks Dave
>
>Your messages not reaching the list?
>Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

Regards
Barrie