Fuel Pump Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump Problem
From: DMatt21502@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:51:39 EDT
I have a 1977 MGB and installed a new fuel pump. At least it was new five
years ago but has been sitting on the shelf waiting for me to finish the  car!
The car will run fine for about 10 minutes and then the pump quits.  After an
hour or so the car will start again and run for another 10 minutes. It  is a
solid state unit and I am told i can't mess with it or it will get out of
adjustment and never work right. So what's the downside -- it doesn't work
right
now? There is no question about it being anything other than the pump as all
electrical output to the pump is OK. Any ideas or suggestions.    Thanks Dave