Re: Rear Axle asymmetry (MGB)

To: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Axle asymmetry (MGB)
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:31:50 -0600
I haven't seen any replies on this, so I thought I would chip in.

I have a '70 with offset issues as well.  There isn't any way of
centering the axle that I am aware of without doing some welding.  I
have the same issues.  I think rolling is going to be my only option.  I
did some minor adjustments with a dremel on the sharp edge, but not enough.

The problem with rolling is that you are likely going to crack the paint.

Some tires are also wider than others even though they are the same size
tire. The width also depends on the rim you are using.  The wider the
rim, the larger the tire is going to be.  (I am not talking about the
patch that is in contact with the road here.)

Let me know how it turns out though.  I am contemplating the same thing.

--
Andrew