Re: Faultless MGB-GT

To: "Mark L. Hineline" <hineline@ocotillofield.net>
Subject: Re: Faultless MGB-GT
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:47:32 -0000
I wouldn't have commented on mods for racing as I know nothing about the
subject, but using MGBs as daily drivers I *do* know something about.
Hondas are more reliable than VWs, according to various surveys.  In the UK
at least the most modern cars are less likely to be stolen off the street
than cars 10 years old as their security is now so much higher.  However the
downside is that when current models cars *are* stolen the keys are
required, so you get people fishing through your letterbox if you are daft
enough to leave your keys on the hall table, or broken in to and beaten up
if they are not, or car-jacked if you are driving it.  But that is all
security, not reliability.  You asked for opinions, I'm as entitled as any
to give one, even where you may not have liked or agreed with what I had to
say.  People buy MGBs for lots of reasons, they are all valid, and they can
do what they like to them even if it makes others smile or wince, but
spending huge amounts of money on an MGB in the hope that it will make it
ultimately reliable is really expecting too much, I say.  No flames
emanating from here :o)

PaulH.