Re: Faultless MGB-GT

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Faultless MGB-GT
From: Mark Hineline <hineline@ocotillofield.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:13:50 -0800
On Nov 19, 2005, at 8:47 AM, Paul Hunt wrote:

> But that is all security, not reliability.

Distinction without a difference! There's nothing more unreliable than
a car that's already at the chop shop by the time you notice it's
missing.

I was just objecting to the hint of elitism I detected at the end of
your first message. I wandered into a lot of BMC and BL dealers in the
60s/70s, and I don't remember ever being required to take an entrance
exam to look or to buy.

As for the notion that my retrofits would require going to a great deal
of expense, my guess is that all together they would amount to less
than half the price of three or four-year old car. Not bad. And as for
the resale value of the resulting vehicle, I guess you missed my caveat
about making the changes reversable. That means keeping the SUs in
baggies, original harness nicely label in a box stored in a cool, dry
place, etc. No loss of value at all; just the requirement of a day's
time reversing the retrofits.

All the above is written in good spirit, no ill will, no geopolitical
angst.

Mark