Re: Black Tulip, was Brake servo, was Faultless MGB-GT

To: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject: Re: Black Tulip, was Brake servo, was Faultless MGB-GT
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:22:03 -0000
Oh yes.  Beautiful, especially with chrome bumpers and chrome wires.  Had a
superb picture taken of it on a run -
http://www.ph012b2086.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/beevee/images/n0201.jpg.  It's a
very difficult colour to photo as it reflects the colour of whatever is
around it.  Ironically the aircraft is a Jaguar which entered service with
the RAF in 1973, the same year as my car was first registered.

It is rare, but not as rare as Aconite which is bluer.  But the rarest of
them all is probably Mirage which is a very pale lilac.  I wasn't looking
for the colour when I bought it and initially was going to paint it red or
green like everyone else, but soon fell in love with it as it was and would
never change it.  I stripped the body when I restored it and found it had
been painted about five times, one on top of the other with several coats of
primer and top-coat each time.  Must've weighed a ton.

PaulH.