RE: Black Tulip, was Brake servo, was Faultless MGB-GT

To: "'Paul T. Root'" <ptroot@iaces.com>,
Subject: RE: Black Tulip, was Brake servo, was Faultless MGB-GT
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:38:56 -0000
I just received an early Xmas present of the Clausager book "Original MGB".
Pure fluke that my mother, who knows no more about cars than whether they
are blue or red, managed to pick up one of the best books around on MGBs.
In there are a couple of pictures of a BEAUTIFUL Black Tulip BGT, same year
as both of mine, as an example of what mine SHOULD look like.  The text
states that it is quite a rare colour, so I must be pretty fortunate to have
lucked into two of them (although having owned one made the purchase of the
second far more likely when I saw it advertised ;-) ).

I really love the colour.  I reckon MGBs look better in darker colours,
suits their relatively simple lines.  The Black Tulip is a different colour
every angle and light you look at it in, sometimes you could almost mistake
it for black, sometimes clearly purple, but never light enough to look
remotely close to pastel purple.  And it is a less obvious, or common,
choice than red or BRG (not that they don't look great too, there's just
more of them around and I like to be different).

If I had the money for a decent respray I think my perfect colour would be a
metallic version of Black Tulip.  But the flat colour will do for now!

If you want to see what a Black Tulip BGT looks like in the flesh you are
welcome to come up to Aberdeen and take a look at Sammy - in a week or two,
once I've given her a SERIOUS dose of T-Cut!

Richard & Sammy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.