RE: Black Tulip, was Brake servo, was Faultless MGB-GT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Black Tulip, was Brake servo, was Faultless MGB-GT
From: KGROWLER@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:48:07 EST
Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com> wrote:

<In there are a couple of pictures of a BEAUTIFUL Black Tulip BGT, same year
as both of mine, as an example of what mine SHOULD look like. >

That would be because it was a one year only colour - 1973.

I had a '73 GT that I thought was faded Harvest Gold, but obtaining a
Heritage Certificate revealed it to be Limeflower. Also a '73-only colour and
very
rare for a reason - it looked more baby-byproduct than Harvest Gold. There were
only 4 V8s made in Limeflower and an inquiry as to how many MGBs were made in
the colour got the answer from Heritage that nobody was really interested in
sifting through that many production records to find that few cars. I've only
come across one other Limeflower BGT in Texas.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA