RE: Off Topic - Computer Question

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Off Topic - Computer Question
From: "Scott Bonacker" <lister@bonackers.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:19:31 -0600

I generally take all of the default desktop icons that various programs
setup, and put them in a folder called "_Desktop Icons" that that begins
with an underscore so that it sorts to the top alphabetically. This folder
can then be moved to the Quick Launch folder, and when that is enabled it
will appear in your taskbar. The commonly used icons can be copied out of
the _Desktop Icons folder into Quick Launch where they are easily
accessible.

I also modify my desktop so that the background color is black, and there is
no wallpaper and no screensaver.

This keeps things clean, and the things I am working on show up easily until
I put them away so to speak. The icons on the task bar will launch with a
single click, and they are always accessible if the task bar is set to
always-on-top.

Have fun ...

Scott
1977RBB