Re: Thanks for the advice- sputtering 74 MGB

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Thanks for the advice- sputtering 74 MGB
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:24:30 -0000
But wobbling a radial slot from side to side across an optical (at least)
sensor will surely cause the timing to trigger, and so a varying wobble in
use will cause varying timing?  Wobbling a radial slot closer to and further
away from the sensor will have no affect I agree, which *does* differ from
mechanical points.  Unless they have very effective shields either side of
the nominal trigger points I'd expect magnetic pickups to have much the same
sensitivity to wobble as points.

PaulH.