Re: Setting carbs for first time

To: MGMagnette@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Setting carbs for first time
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:51:32 -0800
John,

When at University I rebuilt a Commerce van motor and dropped it back in
(very easy with HUGE overhead crane in the Univ student workshop!!).    It
fired just as you describe -tore my hair out then got shop steward to
help.  During morning lectures he fixed - the distributor was 180 degrees
out !!

At 06:28 PM 1/24/06, MGMagnette@aol.com wrote:
>I rebuilt the engine myself, and had the carbs done by Joe Curto.  New  vac
>advance too.  Timed the engine with the starter spinning to
>something  close to
>spec.  But since the carbs are rebuilt, they are so far off I  can't get the
>car to start.  It will run very briefly, like for a second or  two, backfire,
>and stall.  I honestly don't know where to even begin.   Advice?
>
>-John

Regards

Barrie Robinson

MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII
Canada
705-721-9060
barrie@look..ca

Purveyor of O-ring kits for restoring Smith & Jaeger gauges,
                       Stainless steel mesh grilles, air vents & airdams and,
                       Sound deadening material and kits for MGBs