Re: Odd Problem...

To: "S. Allen" <scottallen3663@gmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Odd Problem...
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:10:46 +0100
What does the ignition warning light do?  If it doesn't light when the
problem occurs, or lights but goes out when you turn the key to crank, the
problem is a bad connection back through the brown circuit, solenoid
connections to the battery, or the battery ground strap.

If the ignition warning light remains bright when you turn the key to crank
you need to listen.  If you can't even hear the starter relay (by the
fusebox) click then either the ignition switch, relay or the connections
around them are faulty.  If you hear the relay click but not the solenoid
clonk then ditto for them and their connections.  Use a voltmeter to track
12v through on the white/red from the ignition switch to the relay when
cranking, check for ground on the black at the relay, 12v on the relay brown
at all times, and on the white/brown when the key is turned to crank, and on
the white/brown at the solenoid.

PaulH.