front license plate

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: front license plate
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:24:51 -0400
Listers,
How much air deflection, if any, do you think the front license plate
creates that would impede cooling?
You know my problem with a hot engined 67 BGT that I recently put A/ C
in. Several recommendations were made at MG2006, such as bringing the
condensor right against the radiator, possible use of the blanking
sleeve without a thermo, move the oil cooler under the valence, try 2
electric fans instead of one, etc.
Looking at the plate once I was home i wondered if that could be
disturbing air flow thru  the grill into the condensor/radiator. It sits
pretty much right in front of the oil cooler and here in Florida we
don't need two plates on the cars.
What think? Any gain at all? I will try it and report back.
TIA,
Dave Houser