Re: Drive 'em!!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drive 'em!!
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:01:46 -0700
on 7/11/06 4:14 PM, Dan DiBiase at d_dibiase@yahoo.com wrote:

> Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net> wrote:  Alas, I am not driving my MGB this
> week as it is awaiting the arrival of new
> shocks (due Thursday); therefore, I am forced to suffer in this 90 degree
> weather driving the "greenhouse" -- a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda fastback, with
> an enormous rear window and a black interior. Fortunately, it has two
> footwell fresh air vents, each approximately 4 times the area of an MGB's,
> and is thus able to generate nearly the same level of cockpit turbulence
> despite the fixed roof. Rather like a high-speed convection oven...
>
> Actually, it's the 13mpg that really hurts.
>

> No slant six, I guess, eh, Max? ;-)

Nope, Commando V8. My dad has a "slanty" convertible, though, so he has the
best of both worlds.

>     I am awaiting arrival of my new insurance card as I let it lapse on 7/1,
> stupid me......

I was embarrassed to find I had forgotten to apply my registration sticker
for two months. I guess the sticker is not what people look at when they see
an MG, even the cops...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149