Re: MGs to be built in USA

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGs to be built in USA
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:12:03 -0400
What cynicism!  I hate it when people slag off the R&D people at British
marque establishments.  How can one know what transpired at these centres
unless one worked there.  You have to have worked under the British Union
system to fully understand the efficiencies and competitive spirit for
which they take credit.  Unless you have first hand experience of the
system, which I have, then please do not make snide remarks about the well
oiled machinations of the workers and union officials at the time of BL,
BMC, and Rover MG.  If you really want to know where your are wrong Max
-  you fail to say that the R&D centre was fully equipped with a  tea urn
and the paper napkins where brand new  and contained in designer boxes of
100.  Not only that but a "tea boy" came every two hours to top up the urn
and remove soiled napkins.  Hopefully, I have set the record straight!

At 03:30 PM 7/12/06 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
>An MG R&D center? At Abingdon, that consisted of one engineer, a stack of
>Austin-Morris parts catalogs, a pencil, and a pile of paper napkins...
>
>;->
>

>--
>
>Max Heim
>'66 MGB GHN3L76149
>If you're near Mountain View, CA,
>it's the primer red one with chrome wires
>

>on 7/12/06 2:51 PM, James Nazarian at james.nazarian@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I have a friend who attends Oklahoma State University in Norman Ok.  He
> told
> > me this morning that MG will be opening an R&D center in Norman that is
> > somehow connected to the University. It is scheduled to open in 2-3 years.
> >
> > Fingers Crossed,
> > James Nazarian
> > 71 MGBGT-V8
> > 71 MGB Tourer