Re:MGs to be built in USA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:MGs to be built in USA
From: joseph cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 07:42:02 -0400
At first I was a bit excited about the thought of owning a new MG to
complement my 39-year-old one. But the more I thought about it, the
less excited I became. A Chinese company building "British" cars in
the US? Will the new MG even be British then? I know the car business
is global and that a BMW built here is just as much BMW as one built
over there. And I guess there'll be some British connection. But I
still wonder whether they're really badge engineering a company.
Someone with enough money could buy an airline and paint the TWA logo
on the planes. But that wouldn't make them Howard Hughes. Or to put
it another way, they may be able to transplant the MG name. The
heart, though, is another matter.

Joseph
67 Roadster