Re: MGs to be built in USA

To: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>,
Subject: Re: MGs to be built in USA
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 10:38:26 -0700 (PDT)
Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> wrote:  Being a true blue Englishman I am
depressed seeing another British  marque being taken over by another country.
Who would have thought way  back in the 50's that MGs would be Chinese! I just
cannot fathom why  the marque is not pushed by the UK Govt to one of the small
independents in the UK. - How about Healey's daughter?. How about a  badge
engineered Miata!!

I  talked to Ken Costello about MG and its future. He was very bitter  about
the lack of foresight in the players. They all seemed to have  currency symbols
in their minds and absolutely no oil in their veins!

Um,  well, car companies are in the business of making money, Barrie.....  They
just happen to do it via cars, versus blenders or toilets.... ;-)

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328