Re:MGs to be built in USA

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:MGs to be built in USA
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 08:45:55 -0500
Undeniably, the chain from the hallowed halls of Abingdon has been broken
(many times, actually), but I think that possibly what remains in the
"heart" of MG may reside in the collective psyche of MG enthusiasts and the
motoring public. If they buy the cars and embrace them as regular drivers,
join up with British motor clubs, campaign the cars as racers in amateur and
pro events, then some continuity might endure. One of the really, really big
questions is how they will establish and administer a chain of dealerships
(in the US especially) and how they will manage the marketing.

In our all-British motor club, we have a number of BMW Minis, and I believe
that's true in other clubs as well. If MG emerges from the brink (or the
abyss) and is embraced by an enthusiastic motoring public, it will find some
normalcy after a period of time. In the years to come it might be that the
typical MG owner will be one polishing the new TF, the Rover-badged saloons,
or the as yet undreamt hydrogen-fueled models.

David