oil pressure

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pressure
From: "DON SCOTT" <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:04:37 -0700
In addition-
I disconnected the oil pressure line coming off the side of the block
and cranked the engine- no oil coming out of the line.

My old '62 MGA has been resting for two years in my garage, and I
finally got the nerve up to try getting it going again.  Well, two new
batteries, a new starter, a cleaned engine ground, cleaned and gapped
points and the engine fires up fine.  Small problem- no oil pressure!
Anyone ever have such a thing happen to them?  When the car was put
away, it was running fine; no oil pressure issues.

The engine is a stock 1622 Mk II.  It has an MGB filter adapator with a
replaceable canister filter that hangs down.  It's got plenty of oil,
and the filter is full as I had to remove it to put on the new starter.
Thanks,

Don Scott
1962 MGA
1991 Miata BRG