RE: Distributor/Ignition Question

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor/Ignition Question
From: "Bill Miller (LBC's)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:10:33 -0400
I am pretty confident that the curves are either entirely wrong or sticky.
The vacuum advance is also suspect.  I have adjusted and readjusted it and
adjusted and readjusted the timing again and again.  I either have a bauble
up until 1800 RPM or if I advance it enough to eliminate the misfiring, I
get spark knock pretty good, even with premium on full throttle
acceleration.  I am just tired of messing with it, so I thought replacing it
would be my easiest option.  When I saw those units complete for the price,
I thought it might be a good, easy idea.  Is there something I may be
missing??