Re: What kind of top do you recommend?

To: John.Hed@faa.gov, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What kind of top do you recommend?
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:41:59 EDT
Hi John,

As you have pointed out there are several types.  Both Vinyl and Everflex are
very similar, mostly in the pattern, but both are vinyl with everflex a bit
more costly.  There is Canvas (Duck) maybe also called cloth.  I would not
recommend this as it is not overly waterproof and will not last as long if used
regularly as vinyl or stayfast/sunfast/mohair will.  These last selections are
about the same with mohair a bit heavier.  They are all waterproof (sunfast,
stayfast, mohair) and you will find that it is much easier to put up and down
as
it folds more compactly and also in cold weather it will not shrink like
vinyl so it is much easier to put up and down.  I would also recommend the zip
down rear window that someone else recommended.  This makes the car much more
enjoyable in hot or rainy weather since you can unzip the rear window for
ventilation. There are many vendors for these tops as you have seen by other
suggestions.   Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co.
http://www.LBCarCo.com

Also visit the premier MGA Website http://www.namgar.com

In a message dated 8/25/2006 10:42:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,