[Top] [All Lists]

Re: What kind of top do you recommend?

Subject: Re: What kind of top do you recommend?
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 13:41:59 EDT
Hi John,

As you have pointed out there are several types.  Both Vinyl and Everflex are 
very similar, mostly in the pattern, but both are vinyl with everflex a bit 
more costly.  There is Canvas (Duck) maybe also called cloth.  I would not 
recommend this as it is not overly waterproof and will not last as long if used 
regularly as vinyl or stayfast/sunfast/mohair will.  These last selections are 
about the same with mohair a bit heavier.  They are all waterproof (sunfast, 
stayfast, mohair) and you will find that it is much easier to put up and down 
it folds more compactly and also in cold weather it will not shrink like 
vinyl so it is much easier to put up and down.  I would also recommend the zip 
down rear window that someone else recommended.  This makes the car much more 
enjoyable in hot or rainy weather since you can unzip the rear window for 
ventilation. There are many vendors for these tops as you have seen by other 
suggestions.   Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co.

Also visit the premier MGA Website

In a message dated 8/25/2006 10:42:09 AM Eastern Standard Time, writes:
I need to replace the top on my B.

In looking thru all the catalogs I see them advertised as:
1) Vinyl
2) Robbins Vinyl
3) Everflex (Vinyl?) much more expensive
4) Stayfast Canvas (again more expensive)
5) "Cloth" (Victoria British)  (I kind of assumed by the price this was
6) Cabriolet (apparently is the Stayfast with a liner but big $$$)
7) "OE" style

I am leaning towards the Stayfast since it looks nice and the Roadster
Factory has a good price on them (better than others).

A)  Any advice on which will last better/longer ?
B)  Does the Stayfast keep it's nice look?
C)  Where is the best places to buy them.

Any other advice is appreciated

John Hed
(253) 334-6779

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>