Re: What kind of top do you recommend?

To: <John.Hed@faa.gov>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What kind of top do you recommend?
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:12:22 +0300
> I need to replace the top on my B.

I feel like I've written this mail to the list before, but . . .
I got a Stayfast from Prestige more than five years ago, i drive with it
open but always raise it when I park, so it sees plenty of use.  It wasn't
particularly expensive, even compared to vinyl tops, and IMHO looks much
better.

it still looks clean and new after 5 years in the Mediterranean sun, though
the black is slightly lighter than when it was new - not enough to really
notice.  Still waterproof, no rips tears holes or stains, I clean it with
water from the hose when I wash the car, and occasionally spray it with Tuff
Stuff and a soft brush to get it really clean.

I didn't spring for the zip out window, and I wish I had - in this climate,
the sun is often too hot to go topless in the summer, especially in town
(rather than on the highway).  The zip-out rear would be far more
comfortable.

RMartin
70 roadster
Tel Aviv
Every actor knows it's more fun to play the bad guy than the
hero.  That's especially true if you're cast opposite Superman.
He's the ultimate straight man, Abbott and Bert and Margaret
Dumont rolled up in one blue and red costume. Everyone
knows he'll defeat you, but you'll get all the good lines.
-Jesse Walker