Re: LED lights

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LED lights
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:13:34 -0700 (PDT)
--- Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net> wrote:

> It is the same in Australia - you may choose to leave your parking
> lights on if you think you are parked in a way that people may not
> see your car.  But few people do because they don't want to flatten
> their battery!
> There is no LEGAL requirement to ever use your parking lights.

There is no legal requirement to use parking lights in the
US, at least not here in Washington.  Usually, all it will
get you is a bunch of people saying, "Hey - did you know
you left your 'posers' on?"

One thing I really liked about my 1968 BMW 1800/02-tii
was that you could, like on most un-USA-ized German cars,
turn on the parking lights on only one side of the car
(the side out in traffic) with the turn signal stalk.
Such a feature would only confuse most Americans.
"Hey! My turn signals don't blink when the engine's off!"

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com