Brake Trouble!!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Trouble!!
From: "John Roberts" <robe3099@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:54:38 -0500
Listers!

I am having some brake troubles with my 71 Midget.

I have rebuilt the master cylinder.

I have rebuilt the calipers.

I have new brake pads.

I have bled the front brakes so that no air bubbles come out of the line
when the brake pedal is depressed.

However, I have mushy brakes that won't stop the car!!

When I disconnected the driver side rear brake line from the rear drum brake
and depressed the pedal, NO FLUID CAME OUT.

Any suggestions of what the problem is or what I can test to find out?

My only idea is that the pressure warning light valve is jammed or broken
such that no pressure can build up.

HELP!!  Much thanks for your time as always!

ALSO, here are some pictures of the rebuilt front end (new tie rods have not
come in yet, so I had to put the old ones back on)

BEFORE REBUILD:  http://tinyurl.com/rfemy

AFTER:  http://tinyurl.com/qs4w5

John Roberts

71 Midget