Re: tire question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tire question
From: "bjshov8" <bjshov8@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:47:31 -0600
Here is what I've been told in the past, might or might not be correct
information...

1)  A radial flexes too much at the junction of the sidewall and tread and
the patch will not stick.

2)  Running a tube inside of a tubeless tire may cause the assembly to run
hotter than it should which could be dangerous or detrimental to the tire.

You have to decide from there, but a 6 year old tire is already less safe
than it should be because the rubber in the tread is getting harder than it
should be and its traction is reduced.