Re: [Mgs] Overdrive Numbers

To: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>, MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive Numbers
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 11:52:04 -0800 (PST)
Paul, there's also the urban legend that high octane
fuel equals high power.  Many people run their
89-octane-designed cars on 93 octane fuel, at 20-30
cents a gallon more, expecting superior performance.
There's also a belief amoung some, that 93 octane fuel
is more "pure" than 89 octane - which is exactly the
opposite of reality.

And you're right.  Given the relatively cheap fuel
prices here (compared to the rest of the 1st world),
we just fill 'er up and drive.  I've seen people start
their V8 Buick and drive 800 feet to their mailbox!
Okay, I saw one fat woman do that. :-P

And to further support your cause; My M-B C300 gets
20mpg, the Ferrari gets 17mpg if I am careful, 15 if
typical and our Land Rover gets 13mpg city, 13mpg
highway. :-)  Our MGB gets no miles per gallon as it
is up on jack stands. :-P

rick