Re: [Mgs] Overdrive Numbers

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive Numbers
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:10:42 -0800
My guess is that US dealers ordered them without OD to keep the price down,
since they were already relatively expensive compared to smaller domestic
cars. Buyers in California and Canada were savvy enough to specifically
order OD, knowing the wide open spaces they would encounter. Other western
US states probably did not import nearly as many as California, and buyers
in the eastern states where MGs first became popular used them on backroads,
not interstates.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149