Re: [Mgs] Fuel tank problem--ideas?

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fuel tank problem--ideas?
From: The Roxter <rocknatural@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:41:17 -0500
Stuart MacMillan wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I had not thought about pin holes in the pick up tube, and I can't see it to
> find out.  That is a definite possibility with a 45 year old tank!  I'm
> going to put a fuel hose from the pump into a gallon of gas and see how the
> system pumps tomorrow.  If it pumps fine, then it is definitely on the
> suction side, which means a new tank.
>
> I just hate to replace the tank with one without baffles.  I'll take it to a
> radiator shop here that rebuilds fuel tanks and see what can be done before
> I do that.
I was having similar problems with the tank on the Victor (MGB-based Special).
I dropped the tank and removed the fuel-level sensor and could see debris in
the tank. Some $%#@ had put dry leaves in the fuel-filler. It took about a
half-hour to remove all of the stuff out of the tank. I used an extension
grabber and a syringe to remove it. After that all was well.

-The Roxter