Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 16, Issue 4

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 16, Issue 4
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 09:41:11 -0400
Paul,
   The questions you pose are part of the puzzle.  The plugs were wet,
there was moisture at the throat, yet the bowls had 1/8" or less of fuel
in them, both of them.  Both Grose-Jets were new this spring.  His fuel
was fresh, and put into a tank that had been cleaned. The fuel filters,
metal, were not cut open to inspect them, but the fuel line pumped plenty
of fuel to the float bowls.  Once he replaced both Grose Jets with the
original MGA needles, the bowls filled and engine ran nicely.
   Distributor is new Pertronics, wires are new, two sets of spark plugs
are new, compression is OK.
   While it appears that the Grose Jets are the problem, the only
certainty is uncertainty.  I suppose we will (or will not) know more
after he drives the car and gets more miles on it.
Bob

Need cash? Click to get a loan.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mKivpwzUpa59dIOSwwX8wQvxMgsdDUWpGEHy7f2PZd1qRVL/