Re: [Mgs] pulling engine

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] pulling engine
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:17:46 -0000
If you are only pulling the *engine* as you indicate then no.  If you are
removing engine and gearbox complete then you will have to unbolt the gearbox
from the rear crossmember, and dropping it does help.  I've done that for
other reasons i.e. engine and exhaust still installed and connected together,
and it dropped far enough for whatever I wanted to do.  If the exhaust
down-pipes are disconnected from the manifold and the bellhousing strap then
with the up and down movement now available on the front half of the exhaust
I'd have thought you would have more than enough room to drop the cross-member
and detach it from the gearbox.

PaulH.