[Mgs] Fitting a radio

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net,mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Fitting a radio
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:20:55 -0400
I want to put in a radio in my MGB and, of course. I have the usual
space in the centre console, but it is the location of the speakers
that puzzle me.  Seems as if the doors are the most common spot but I
like that not because of the door/body connection required.   It
would seem that the wing space to the left (or right) of ones knees
(forward of the door opening) would be perfect.  Tons of room, simple
route to radio, and easily fitted.  However, nowhere have I seen this
place mentioned.  Is there some reason why this place should be not a
good idea?

The radio will be a simple one with just the station selection
buttons and front face flash-stick (USB) outlet.  Using a flash-stick
will be great as stacking even CDs in the car is a little cramped -
forget tapes!!!

Any sage advice would be welcome and thank you in advance for replies.

Regards

Barrie
(705) 721-9060