Re: [Mgs] Fitting a radio

To: Denise Thorpe <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>,<mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fitting a radio
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 13:16:27 -0400
Denise,

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!   Pushing things in your ears is definitely not the
way to go.  I have had a few occasions when pedestrians have walked
in front of me with ear-plugs and totally unaware of other noises.  I
have also has ear-plugged people nearly hitting me in car parks
because - again - they cannot hear.  You have to be able to hear
horns, ambulances, fire trucks, other cars (some with quiet
motors).   I know you say you pull over but ear plugs do a damn good
job of blocking out other sounds.  Please, please do not block your
ears.   By the way, ear plugs are illegal in some parts of the world
- Ohio being one (that is in the USA I believe)!

But have a great week-end - I am !!

At 12:46 AM 5/23/2009, Denise Thorpe wrote:
>Barrie Robinson said:
>>
>>I want to put in a radio in my MGB and, of course. I have the usual
>>space in the centre console, but it is the location of the speakers
>>that puzzle me.
>
>I stick the speakers in my ears.  That is, when I don't feel like
>listening to the sound of the engine.  This has many benefits.  I
>don't have to worry about wind noise, listening to any passengers,
>hearing complaints about my taste in music, or cutting up my
>car.  Using ear buds prevents the strap of headphones from
>interfering with the baseball cap I use to keep my hair out of my
>eyes and has probably kept me from being arrested in all these
>years. I installed a 12V socket under the passenger side dash so I
>can plug the Discman into it and not pollute the Earth with
>batteries.  And this must actually help my hearing because I'm still
>the only one who pulls over for emergency vehicles.  Don't mention
>it, happy to help.

>You are subscribed as barrie@look.ca
>

>Mgs@autox.team.net
>
>http://www.team.net/archive