Re: [Mgs] list

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] list
From: "Rick Brown" <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:01:06 -0400
Frank

I have not been able to find the Castrol for Classic cars anywhere here in
Florida - guess I should call the distributor in Tampa.

I sent an email to Valvoline the other day and this is their response:

The Valvoline Racing Oils do have a slightly less of a detergent package in
the products, but the Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil product is still recommended
for daily use vehicles that do not have a catalytic converter, which your
vehicles should not, as it carries a 3 month/3,000 mile change interval.
Using 5 quarts of the Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil will be perfectly fine and
safe for use in your street vehicles.

Rick

 Webmaster for:
  http://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgbr  - The North American MGB Register