Re: [Mgs] Arizona cars for sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Arizona cars for sale
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 19:22:20 -0600
Oh, I'm not saying you're out anything. Scott's idea was that a decent
car of daily driver quality should cost around five grand. If you spend
less than that you'll wind up spending a lot more than the difference
between what you paid and 5 grand to own a car worth 5 grand.

I bought my present redcar for $3600 about 10 years ago. Five years ago
it went under the knife and I wound up spending about $6k on it for just
the body work and interior. Structure and cosmetics. I would not be able
to get $9600 for the car now even that it's also now a show winner (yes,
&:^) tied for Best in Class this summer in Nashville). It's still a
daily driver. I might be able to get 8 thou off it but I've done a lot
more than just body and carpet. I've learned a lot and Jette & I have
gotten a lot of enjoyment.

I'm sure the number has probably increased today to maybe six grand but
I think the formula still holds true. I think in the long run the MGB is
still one of the best deals in used cars *if you enjoy driving for
driving's sake* and don't mind doing the maintenance. The Miata may have
taken this market, but I'm not THAT interested in them. Maybe for a
racecar. We meet nice people driving MG's. You get what you pay for.

Glenn

--
Tragedy tomorrow, comedy tonight.

                        - Psuedolus