Re: [Mgs] Arizona cars for sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Arizona cars for sale
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 01:29:29 -0700
Jim Juhas wrote:
> Well, Mark, it's about that time that I should be sending you some
> money anyway.  I suppose I have no real control or influence over how
> you spend it.

Many years ago when I first had to move Team.Net from the U of U to my home
I had the very first fund drive to help cover the expenses involved in
running it
here in the "Man Cave" as my sister-in-law calls it.  A subscriber on one of
the lists at the time ( way less than the 60+ now in place ) was
skeptical, and
asked something like "How do we know he won't spend it on his own cars or
beer or something?"

And another subscriber responded, and I wish I could find that email
exchange
somewhere.  Basically he said "So what if he does?"  His point was that as
long as the Team.Net mail kept showing up every day, he was happy to pay
a few bucks now and again to keep me happy and at keyboard doing what it
takes to keep it flowing.

I do spend most donations on the DSL and ISP bills and keeping the hardware
working.  Some contributors specifically require their funds to go into the
Fat Chance Garage Tool and Beverage Fund, rather then Team.Net general
operating accounts.  ( Does that sound professional or what? )

You might remember the fund drive in September regarding the
whining disk and imminent failure.  How many days since then have you
been without Team.Net?   Some times I do wish I actually kept a precise
accounting of what I spend on monthly fees, hardware upgrades and such,
as well as the exact amounts of donations that have come in over the years.
Then taking that info coupled with an accurate measure of the hours per
week I spend keeping it going, I could see what I am getting paid for doing
this.  Sometimes, though, I think that number might actually be negative.
Maybe that's why I don't want to really do the math!

Gee, I'm rambling off, my original intention for this reply was to
justify the
purchase of an MGB for MJB with donations.  But of course, I don't think
$12,500 is going to show up in Paypal or checks in the PO Box.  $12.50
maybe, but even that might be a long shot!

mjb.