Re: [Mgs] MGA muffler

To: don <don@napanet.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA muffler
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:49:10 -0500
Don:

I do race my MGA but even so, my muffler solution might be of interest
to you.

I use a SuperTrap muffler I bought from Pegasus Racing (good people).
The sound and back pressure is controlled by installing dispersion disks
at the outlet.  You can tune it to your particular requirements.  Other
than the disks, the muffler is a conventional glass pack.  It's
available in stainless and comes in a variety of lengths, diameters and
inlet pipe sizes.

What I think is an advantage for a road car is that the disks when in
place will prevent any vermin from entering.  Most of the mufflers I
have seen for our cars are straight through, inviting the little
creatures to nest within.

It may be more expensive than the usual fare, but perhaps not by much
when comparing stainless prices.  And they are rebuildable.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=4299

Jim