Re: [Mgs] Steering Wheel

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Steering Wheel
From: "Douglas McKinnie" <d.mckinnie@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:17:00 -0000
There is no actual connection to the car's electrical system, in the Breed
SRA-40 the inertial trigger is integral to the air-bag package within the
steering wheel.

I'm pondering this half with my engineer's hat (is possible/this going to be
dangerous?) and half with my psychologists hat --

"everyone knows that car's with airbags are safer, and this car now has an
airbag, so therefore it is safer"

For the latter, all I really need is a convincing pillow on the
steering-wheel
with a nice "airbag" or "Restraint-system" logo. Whether it is functional is
immaterial. Have any of you tested your air-bags to see if the actually work?
Then why are you convinced they will?