[Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Repair or replace Radiator?
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:01:25 -0600
  Anyone have any experience with radiator repair they would like to share?

I have never done it, I think you need to pressurize the radiator to
15lbs or so find the leaks then patch all the leaks by soldering them.
Wash and repeat until they are all gone.

A new replacement for my '70 from Moss runs ~$200.

If I have to take the rad anywhere to have it repaired, I am guessing
that the labor at todays prices will go up toward the replacement cost
pretty quick.  Do they still re-core radiators?

I may be able to do it myself, I remember helping my father do it as a
kid, but have never done it myself.  I remember him fighting for quite a
while with a few stubborn leaks on the old International Travelall.  My
dad is still around and would probably be willing to help me repair it.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions?

Thanks!

--
Andrew Lundgren