Re: [Mgs] Fuses

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Fuses
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:06:03 -0500
We're talking US here Paul.  Of course there's a regulation.

On Oct 7, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Paul Hunt wrote:

> Don't quite understand why.  I can understand a fuse*holder* having a
voltage rating as that involves insulation.  I know these fuses include a
glass tube which is an insulator, but that just holds the ends apart! Unless
it's one of those cases where the law dictates that everything electrical must
have a voltage rating regardless of how illogical it might be, like having a
sell-by date on Worcester sauce.

> PaulH.

uncommon thing to find on an automotive fuse, in the United States, anyway. It
doesn't mean that it expects your car to run 32 Volts.  It just means that the
fuse is rated to function and be safe at up to 32 volts.