Re: [Mgs] GPS/Nav in a MG - blind and deaf

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] GPS/Nav in a MG - blind and deaf
From: Charles Hill <chillmog@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 11:05:41 -0500
John,
I'm not going to get in the discussion about the pros and cons of using
a GPS.

As for connecting a GPS to a positive ground car, don't use the in-dash
lighter socket.  I have an add-on socket from the local auto parts store
on my positive ground Morgan.  It is fully encased in plastic so no
chance of a short circuit.  I simply wired it backwards.  The negative
(black) wire is connected to an unused accessory terminal on the
ignition switch and the positive (red) wire is connected to a convenient
ground.  I zip-tied it to a support bracket under the dash.  It is easy
to get to and out of sight when not in use.

Charles Hill